Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Failure.,,,

I am an f-ing failure as a parent to a 6 1/2 year old boy apparently. He has made me cry each day for the past 3. He has no idea how much he relies on me. He has embarassed me, been rude, lashed out, and talked back in ways he has never before. He is pushing all the buttons I have and right now I greatly dislike my child. I know that seems harsh, but I will never not love him. I just don't like him right now. Of course, I blame myself...

I simply asked for 1/2 an hour of quiet playing his video game while I attended the PTA meeting. I am tryung to form relationships in this town as I plan on being here a looooooonnnnnnggggg time. Now, I look like the crappiest parent whose kid back talks and whines and, to top it off, the Principal is sitting across the table from him. He was student of the week in December. What the hell happened? The teacher in me is cringing b/c I am intimidated by my son's 60 year old principal. I could take her. Not really, she is a strong woman and I actually respect and like her very much. She is the kind of no nonsense Principal I liked working for. Anyhoo, I look like a f-up and my son looks like a brat.

Failure accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment